Sunday, January 7, 2007

Welcome to Twillingate


I have many fond memories of the picturesque town of Twillingate. I grew up in the small town and enjoy returning most summers with my family. Unfortunately, like most small Newfoundland towns, there are many opportunities left for small fishing villages, and so the days of it being the "Capital of the North" are a faint memory for most of it inhabitants.

Through this blog I will try to paint a picture of life as I new it in Twillingate with snapshots of the way it was. Not only will we look at the past and the present, but we'll look into what the future may hold for such a quaint town, nestled in the Norte Dame Bay of Newfoundland.

Feel free to leave comments, suggestions and your own stories. If you have pictures I will be more than please to add them for all to enjoy. I hope that through this journey, you too can experience the joys of Twillingate, which is still the "Capital of the North" to me.

~2q

No comments: